Did you snap some awesome photos during a concert at The Handlebar? We'd love to see them! But we are busy, and in order to get your pictures on our site, you're gonna have to jump through a few hoops:
- First, if you have over ten pictures, select the best ones. We will post 10 pictures per show, at most. (We reserve the right to post some of your pictures, all of them, or none of them.)
- Second, we need you to crop and resize the pictures yourself. Don't send us instructions on what to do with your pictures, and don't send us your highest-quality files. Here's what we need:
- We will accept your pictures with a maximum vertical or horizontal resolution of 550 pixels. This means if your photo is 1000 pixels wide by 467 pixels tall, resize the photo to be 550 pixels wide and 257 tall. Make the largest dimension 550 and have your photo editor proportionally resize the other dimension.
- Third, you need to make your own thumbnails. These should be done in the same manner as the 550 pixel-constrained images in the previous step, except you need to limit the dimensions to 100 pixels instead of 550.
- Finally, save these pictures as medium-quality JPEGs, and send them along with the name of the artist or band, the date of the show and the photographer's name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to photographs